Many people have friends or relatives who have been faced with the prospect of moving into residential care or paying for care at home.  Currently the government will only assist with the payment of such care costs if that person's capital levels are below the fixed threshold of £23,250 (figures as of 18th January 2010).  Care costs can however exceed £25,000 per year.

When entering residential care clients are OFTEN FACED WITH THE PROSPECT OF HAVING TO SELL THE FAMILY HOME TO FUND CARE FEES.  This can seem UNFAIR when they have paid taxes all their lives and have saved effectively so as to leave something to their own children.  It must also be noted that people paying for care do not necessarily receive better care than those who are entitled to government funding.

At Ratcliffe & Bibby we do offer a solution to this common problem.

By planning ahead clients can ensure that their assets are protected for their loved ones whatever the future may hold.

Our specialist team can offer advice on Family Trusts, the transferring of the family home and the gifting of assets to ensure your wishes for the future are met to their maximum.

Trusts can be used to as a way of passing different assets to the next generation, whether it is a home, monies or a future investment for minors or disabled individuals.

If you wish further information on your options, do not hesitate to contact us...

Contact us online

Request a Callback

Get in touch today and a member of our team will call you back as soon as possible

Connect with us:


Registered Office
The Bank, 44 Market Street, Carnforth, LA5 9JX

View Map

Telephone: (01524) 734884
Fax: (01524) 736449


Victoria Chambers
20 Victoria Street, Morecambe, LA4 4AH

View Map

Telephone: (01524) 834222
Fax: (01524) 834223


Rosemary House, First Floor
61 North Road, Lancaster, LA1 1LU

View Map

Telephone: (01524) 32437